palo alto networks AUTOMATES CLOUD security DEPLOYMENT ON Amazon web services
Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced the integration of its VM-Series virtualized next-generation firewalls with Amazon® Web Services (AWS®) Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB). Using a combination of AWS Lambda, CloudFormation Templates, and Amazon CloudWatch services, along with bootstrapping and XML API automation features supported by the VM-Series, joint customers can now automatically scale the cyber breach prevention capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform as their AWS workload demands fluctuate.
Additionally, Palo Alto Networks joins the AWS Competency Program for Security, which highlights partners who have demonstrated success in building products and solutions on AWS to support customers in multiple areas, including infrastructure security, policy management, identity management, security monitoring, vulnerability management, and data protection.
- “The value of the AWS platform is its ability to dynamically scale network capacity to meet our demand needs. By natively supporting AWS Auto Scaling and ELB, the cyber breach prevention capabilities provided by Palo Alto Networks extend to secure our cloud network, even as we bring new virtual machines on and offline to meet changing capacity requirements.”
- Matt McLimans, senior network security engineer, Warren Rogers Associates
- “Palo Alto Networks integration with AWS Auto Scaling and ELB, combined with the new validated security competency, enables our joint customers to confidently and dynamically deploy the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series virtualized next-generation firewall delivering security that keeps pace with our customers’ business.”
- Tim Jefferson, global ecosystem lead, Security, Amazon Web Services
- “Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform provides customers with superior cyber breach prevention capabilities, including security for cloud-based applications. Through our close integration with AWS, customers can now grow and scale their cloud environments with even greater ease and automation while enhancing and maintaining their security posture across public cloud and hybrid environments.”
- Lee Klarich, executive vice president, Product Management, Palo Alto Networks
Learn how joint customers can harness Palo Alto Networks unique cyber breach prevention capabilities within the AWS platform by viewing a live demonstration at AWS re:Invent, the global gathering of the Amazon Web Services Community, running November 28 to December 2 in Las Vegas.